Live Payment Update
We've just Approved and Paid
Who are we?
Hoopla Digital (Pty) Ltd ("Hoopla" or "we") are a Responsible Party in terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act, 4 0f 2013 (POPIA) with respect to your Personal Information. We process all such Personal Information in order to enable us to do business with you and to provide products and services to you as requested. In this notice, “you” means you as an individual with whom we are dealing whose Personal Information we may need to collect and process in order to provide the requested products and services, and for any of the purposes described below.
What Personal Information is collected?
Please note that in accordance with Section 18 of POPIA you are hereby expressly informed of the fact that when you apply for a personal loan online at www.hooplaloans.co.za ("Hoopla Dealing") you may need to provide Hoopla with the following Personal Information, including but not limited to:
- First and Last Name
- Personal Cell number and work phone number
- Email address
- Date of Birth
- ID Number
- Whether or not you are under Debt review
- Employer’s name and Department
- Number of years employed
- Bank's Name and your personal account number
- Monthly income
- IP Address
- Whether or not you own a car
What do we do with your Personal Information and why do we collect it?
- To provide or manage any information or services requested by you pursuant to your Hoopla Loans Dealing.
- To evaluate whether or not to offer, extend or modify any financing or other services requested by, or provided to, you (as a customer or obligor (including guarantor)) (each such occurrence, a “Credit Decision”). Credit Decisions may be made on a manual or automated basis and may include processing in connection with any risk analysis tool or method we choose to use from time to time to help with same.
- Using, processing, sharing/transferring or engaging in analytics of your Personal Information for (i) routine business purposes; or (ii) the purposes of new business or product development.
- To establish your needs, requirements and preferences in relation to the services provided by Hoopla.
- To allocate unique identifiers to you for the purpose of processing your Personal Information, securely storing, retaining, and recalling your Personal Information from time to time, regardless of whether you conclude an agreement with Hoopla.
- For general administration purposes pertaining to your request.
- To improve the quality of Hoopla’s services.
- To analyse your Personal Information collected for research and statistical purposes.
- To transfer your Personal Information across the borders of South Africa to other jurisdictions should it be required in the legitimate pursuit of Hoopla’s business requirements.
- To transfer and/or share your Personal Information third party service providers, business partners or affiliates whom we make use of in pursuit of our legitimate business purposes, which entities may be situated in any of the following countries: USA, UK, France and India. To identify products and services which might be of interest to you, as well as to inform you of such products and/or services.
- To obtain and share information about your credit worthiness and risk profile with any credit bureau or credit provider’s industry association or industry body, which includes information pertaining to your credit history, financial history, judgements, default history and sharing information for purposes of risk analysis, tracing and related purposes.
- To, unless you expressly “opt out”, process your Personal Information as defined above for the purposes of direct marketing and advertising to you of products and services provided by or through Hoopla, and to do so by means of electronic communications such as email and sms.
- To, once products or services are contemplated or have been provided, we reserve the right to sell any ownership interest therein and related future receivables to a third party (a “Capital Markets Partner”). In evaluating such decision, all or part of your Personal Information may be disclosed to Capital Markets Partners and to such other third parties with whom we or a Capital Markets Partner is in dialogue regarding the sale of such ownership interests (including rating agencies, securities and exchange regulators and potential investors).
- To, for the purposes of enhancing the scope of products and services we can offer to you or the method of delivery of same, share or transfer all or any part of your Personal Information to a third party who is a potential business partner or actual provider/supplier of outsourced services to us.
This notice applies to all data (including all Personal Information) past, present or future submitted by you to Hoopla or which we otherwise obtain pursuant to undertaking our normal business activities.
Who do we share your Personal Information with?
For us to maintain the high standards of product and service delivery you have come to appreciate, we are required to share your personal information with some of our suppliers, service providers and business partners. We use service providers and suppliers who we trust, who we have agreements with and they have agreed to keep your personal information secure and confidential, and to only use it for purposes which we have agreed to. If you want to find out more, we will be happy to share these details with you with an email request sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Where do we store your Personal Information?
All your personal information is stored securely by Hoopla Loans on servers located in South Africa owned and operated by a reputable Web Hosting Provider. In storing your Personal Information, we may transmit or transfer Personal Information outside South Africa to a foreign country, as such, personal information may be stored on servers located outside of South Africa in foreign countries that have different data protection laws in place. We are comfortable that these foreign countries protect Personal Information to an extent that compares to the way in which we do, which is acceptable to us. If you are interested in who these suppliers are, you are welcome to ask us at anytime, we will happily disclose this information to you upon request.
What are your Rights?
It is important that you know what your rights are with regards to our processing of your personal information and we want to make this clear to you also. Although we take steps to safeguard your personal information, process it lawfully and only share it with suppliers and service providers we trust, you have the following rights:
- You can ask us at anytime what personal information of yours we hold – we don’t have any hidden agenda here!
- You can ask us what personal information of yours is, or was, shared with any of our suppliers, service providers, or any third party for that matter – we will happily tell you!
- You can ask us to update your personal information or even delete any information which is no longer accurate – we want to make sure your information is accurate and complete, but we need your help!
- You can object to our processing of your personal information – we don’t want to process your information if you don’t want us to, but just bear in mind it may influence our ability to fulfil our obligations towards you!
- You may lodge a complaint with the Information Regulator if you feel that we are not complying with POPIA – but please do try and speak to us first, but this is a remedy available to you and we want you to know about it!
With that said, we have (and continue to) implement reasonable security measures and protocols to protect the personal information we hold. These measures are to protect any personal information we hold form being disclosed without authorisation, from loss, damage, destruction or unauthorised access. As you will appreciate nothing is 100% secure in this day and age and therefore, we ask that if you suspect that either you, or we, have had an information security breach, please notify us immediately so that we can take action. You can do so by contacting our Information Officer whose information is set out below. If you need to speak with our Information Officer, feel free to contact him/her. Our Information Officer is Mr. J. Gauthier and any queries or even questions you may have regarding this privacy notice and Hoopla’s POPIA compliance efforts can be directed to him at email@example.com